Have you been charged with Aggravated Battery Causing Serious Bodily Injury in Miami?
If you or someone that you know has been arrested for aggravated battery in Miami, Florida an aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury lawyer will be your best asset to get your charges reduced or dismissed entirely.
How is aggravated battery defined in Miami, Florida?
Aggravated battery in Miami, Florida is considered to be a violent crime and in most cases is considered to be a second-degree felony. In accordance with Fla. Stat. § 784.045, the offense of aggravated battery is defined as the following:
- An individual intentionally or knowingly causes great bodily harm, permanent disability or permanent disfigurement;
- A deadly weapon is used; or
- The victim of the battery was pregnant at the time of the offense
It is pertinent to obtain the services of an aggravated battery lawyer if you or someone you know is charged aggravated battery as the penalties for the guilty can include a 15-year prison sentence and/or $10,000 in fines.
To be charged with aggravated battery an individual does not have to hit or strike the alleged victim. Allegations of aggravated battery are very serious and if found guilty it can permanently alter the course of your life. The sooner that the services of and expertise of an aggravated battery lawyer are retained the better off.
What actions will an Aggravated Battery Causing Serious Bodily Injury Lawyer take to help their client?
An aggravated battery defense attorney will attempt to get the court to reduce or drop the charges brought up against their client by trying to disprove the following:
- The alleged victim did not really suffer from serious harm or injury
- That the defendant did not have the intention of using a deadly weapon and whether or not the weapon that was used was indeed a deadly weapon
- Were the defendant’s acts in response to threats or attacks by the alleged victim?
In order for a defendant to be found guilty of aggravated battery, the state prosecutor must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that every element of the crime was committed. With good aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury lawyer, who knows the specific case inside and out, proving this will be hard for the prosecution to accomplish.
An aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury lawyer knows that each aggravated battery case is unique and will use the facts and background information of the case to prove that the prosecution does not have a case that proves the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The strong legal representation provided by veteran aggravated battery lawyers could be the difference between a defendant’s freedom and severe penalties.
What action should you take immediately following an aggravated battery arrest?
If you have been arrested for aggravated battery any quality aggravated battery lawyer would recommend the following:
- Do not speak to law enforcement without an aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury lawyer present
- Under no circumstances give a written statement to law officials
- Collect any evidence that you feel may benefit your defense later on
Have you been charged with aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury?
Having an experienced defense attorney by your side through the whole process of being charged with aggravated battery is the best course of action. The law can be complicated and confusing without the help and guidance of an attorney. Even if you are sure that you are innocent, do not make the mistake of trying to defend yourself without an attorney.