Have you been charged with Attempted Murder in Miami?
Attempted murder is without a doubt one of the most serious charges a person can face. Make sure that you have experience on your side by getting the best attempted murder lawyer possible. The charges are serious and the quicker a defendant takes action, the better chance they have at having the charges dropped, reduced or being able to accept a plea bargain. A defense attorney with experience in attempted murder charges can make that a possibility.
When an individual makes the attempt to murder another person it is known as attempted murder. Attempted murder is when a person not only plans to kill another individual but actually tries to carry out the act. If you have been charged with attempted murder you are going to be in for the fight of you life as a guilty charge can result in a life sentence in jail. Anyone who has been charged with attempted murder is going to need the attention, guidance and support of an attempted murder lawyer.
What must a prosecutor prove when trying to get a guilty verdict in an attempted murder case?
In order for a Miami, Florida prosecution to find someone guilty on attempted murder charges they must prove beyond a reasonable doubt the following:
- The defendant intentionally committed an act that ultimately could have resulted in the death of another individual
- The defendant displayed a disregard for human life by intentionally trying to take the life of another human being
- The defendant had the judgment to know that the act they performed could have killed another person
In order for a guilty verdict to be reached the state prosecutor does not have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant had the intention of causing death to the victim.
What should an individual look for when hiring an attempted murder lawyer?
A quality attempted murder lawyer will do the following work for their client in an attempt to get their charges dropped, reduce the charges against them or if they are found guilty reduce the penalties handed down to them by the court of law:
- Be available for their client anytime day or night. Attempted murder charges are very serious and a quality attorney should be available to their client to answer questions at all times
- Do the necessary investigation so that the best defense plan can be put together and then executed in court
- Stay in constant touch with the district attorney constantly trying to get the charges dropped
- Hire or have personal investigators to study the ins and outs of the case. How evidence was gathered, evidence that may not have been gathered and ensuring that the defendant was not treated unfairly by law officials
In order to have a successful outcome, it is important to get the services of an attempted murder lawyer that has a vast amount of litigation experience. In addition, a defense attorney should know the action that state prosecutors are going to take. Part of having a good defense is being able to anticipate the actions of state prosecutors.
Attempted murder charges are some of the most difficult to defend against. That does not meant that it is hopeless for a defendant to walk free or have their charges reduced to an aggravated assault or lesser charger. Today the law uses sophisticated forensic science, which makes it even more crucial to hire the best defense attorney possible.