When brought up on murder charges or vessel homicide the services of a homicide defense lawyer is necessary. Without one the likelihood that you are going to be able to keep your freedom is very slim. Murder of any sort is considered to be the worst type of crime and Miami, Florida appoints their best prosecutors to handle such cases.
- How is murder defined in Miami, Florida?
- What actions will a homicide defense lawyer take to develop the best defense for their client?
- Under what circumstance is a homicide legally excusable?
- What is vessel homicide?
- If charged with murder or vessel homicide what is the first course of action a defendant should take?
When anyone is asked what the most serious crime a person can commit, murder is almost always the answer. If found guilty, the consequences on murder charges will change a person’s life forever. The penalties for being found guilty on murder charges can include a life sentence in prison and in some cases the death penalty.
Miami, Florida has become infamous around the country for the number of murders that occur. If you live in the Florida area you will hear about murders occurring on a regular basis in Miami, Florida.
In Miami, Florida the law defines murder as the unlawful killing of a human being:
- When perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being
- When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any serious felony
Just because you or someone you know is facing murder charges does not necessarily mean that a guilty verdict is definite. No charges are more serious then homicide charges and homicide defense attorneys are going to be needed if there is any chance of an individual keeping their freedom. By retaining the services of a homicide defense lawyer as soon as possible, they may be able to build a quality defense for their client using one of the following:
- Proving that the victims death was the result of the defendant fighting back on an attack initiated by the victim
- Proving that the victim was attempting to murder the defendant and the defendant was merely trying to save his or her own life
- The defendant killed the victim while a felony was being committed on their dwelling
In addition, it is important to remember that accidents do happen. The murder charges an individual faces may be excusable if their homicide defense lawyers are able to build a defense that the victim died in one of the following ways:
- Without unlawful intent
- Without a deadly weapon being involved
- In the heat of passion
- Not in a cruel or unusual manner
Because Miami, Florida is surrounded by water, vessel homicide occurs more in Miami, Florida then most places. Vessel homicide is the killing of a human being by another human being engaged in the operation of a vessel in a reckless manner that is likely to cause death or bodily harm. In Miami, Florida vessel homicide is classified as a second-degree homicide. However, if the individual being charged with vessel homicide does not give information or attempt to help the victim they are likely to charged with first-degree homicide.
Any murder charge or vessel homicide charge is very serious. If you do not obtain a homicide defense lawyers with a vast amounts of experience, it is not likely that the outcome for the defendant on trial is going to be favorable. If you are under investigation or have been arrested on murder charges contact a Miami, Florida homicide defense lawyer as soon as possible. You are going to need the best homicide defense attorneys to protect your rights and your freedom.