Have you been charged with State & Federal Drug Possession in Miami, FL?
Drug possession charges in Miami, Florida are not taken lightly and it is necessary to obtain the services of a drug possession lawyer in order to have the best chance at avoiding the severe punishments that come with drug crimes.
- What are the consequences of being found guilty of drug possession charges?
- What will a drug possession lawyer do to assist their clients who have been charged with drug possession crimes?
- What are various loopholes in a drug possession crime?
- What are different types of drug crime cases?
When facing drug possession charges in Miami, Florida you are running serious risk of having to face severe consequences of the drug possession laws that are in place in the state of Florida. Law enforcement in the state of Florida takes drug possession charges very seriously as Florida has become known as one of the prime areas in the world where drug trade occurs. Being charged with a Florida drug possession can have serious affects on a person’s future.
What are some of the consequences if a person is found guilty of drug possession charges?
- A misdemeanor charge can result in losing your license for two years.
- Trafficking drugs depending on the amount and type of drug can lead to 25 years in jail and up to $500,000 in fines.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia can result in one year of jail time and a $1000 fine.
- – If an individual possesses the chemicals that are used to manufacture drugs such as methamphetamine, GHB, or ecstasy they could potentially face 15 years in prison and have fines up to $10,000.
Drug possession charges in the state of Florida are among the toughest in the entire nation making it essential to get appropriate legal representation in the form of a drug possession lawyer
The best drug possession lawyer will study their client’s case extensively. One common course of action is to prove that the evidence that the prosecutor has is either weak or nonexistent. An example were if a person had a pending drug possession charge with marijuana being in a car that they were a passenger in. One action a drug possession lawyer may take is to build a defense that their client was unaware that drugs were in the vehicle.
The vast majority of drug possession charges are centered on how the investigation was done. Officers of the law are expected to conduct their investigations following a particular set of conduct and rules. If the rules are not followed a judge may view the arrest to be illegal and charges may ultimately be dropped. A drug charge attorney will walk through the actual arrest with their client that is facing drug possession charges to make sure that the arresting officer did everything in their investigation properly.
When obtaining the services of a drug charge attorney it is important find one that knows all of the drug possession laws and has handled various types of drug cases such as:
- Sale of drugs
- Possession of drugs for personal use only
- Manufacturing or cultivation (growing)
The services of a drug possession lawyer who has handled drug possession charges that include substances such as heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine, prescription drugs, LSD, morphine, ecstasy, and steroids will be a necessity when it comes to Miami, Florida drug possession.
Anyone who has been charged with drug possession charges cannot take the chance of going through court proceedings without a seasoned drug charge attorney as the penalties and fines can be severe. The best lawyers will know how to handle the specifics of every unique drug charge that they deal with. Call Galanter Law at (305) 567-0244 today to schedule your free consultation!